Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Stars come out in Monaco fo shizzle

Monaco is always a hotbed of parties and social gatherings, and 2008 was no exception.However, when the Monaco Grand Prix comes to town, even the average Monegasque can find themselves somewhat overwhelmed by the sheer number of stars in attendance.P.Diddy graced the circuit and had an exclusive paddock pass,George Lucas(Star Wars founder),Quentin Tarantino,Raul Gonzalez,Michael Carrick,Nicole Scherzinger,Sir Cliff Richard,Elizabeth Hurley to mention but a few - i caught up with just a few of the famous faces to be found in the Principality over the race weekend…

“It’s no secret - everybody knows that I’m a huge fan of Formula One,” said an enthusiastic George Lucas. “So whenever I have the chance to come I grab it. I’m here for the Cannes Film Festival with Harrison Ford and the Indiana Jones crew so Monaco was just a little detour. Unfortunately I’m not able to stay for the race, but honestly qualifying is as mesmerizing as the race. To see the guys driving flat out for the fastest lap - pulling out all stops- that is in best Indy spirit.” MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU........

Another pit lane regular is P Diddy. Previously always a guest of Flavio Briatore, he changed camp this time to support Lewis Hamilton. “I have followed Lewis’ career ever since he came into Formula One. Man, he is cool! He’s a real inspiration for his generation. What I like about F1? It’s a mixture of concept, strategy, timing and luck - and all that at 200mph. That’s unbeatable. And if it hasn’t got around by now: the Monaco race weekend as an absolute ‘must’, come rain, come shine!”
P Diddy / Puff Daddy / Sean Combes (USA) Rapper. Formula One World Championship, Rd 6, Monaco Grand Prix, Race, Monte-Carlo, Monaco, Sunday, 25 May 2008

Fresh from Moscow was Manchester United star Michael Carrick. “After that unbelievable finale between us and Chelsea I stopped for a short two-day break back at home - to let our victory sink in - and then I wanted to give myself a treat, so that’s why I am here in Monaco. For an athlete in search of a good time this is the perfect place to go: you have incredible sporting action wrapped up with fantastic scenery. Sure, the Moscow stadium that saw us win was the best place on earth, but this here comes very close to it.”

A first timer in Monaco was Pussy Cat Doll front woman Nicole Scherzinger, a personal guest of a certain Mr Hamilton. “I was so excited to watch the race from the pits - and see Lewis walk away with the trophy. That sound, that accuracy, all those frantic people on the stands and on the balconies - it is unbelievable. When I was invited to see a car race, I didn’t expect something like this - and people saw how excited I was. Now everybody asks me if I will come back for another race - I don’t know yet, but I definitely will think about it.” Nicole Scherzinger (USA) Pussycat Dolls Singer.  Formula One World Championship, Rd 6, Monaco Grand Prix, Race, Monte-Carlo, Monaco, Sunday, 25 May 2008
more stars at the race http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/manual/_w4d7686.jpg model Victoria Silvestdat with Lewis Hamilton

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/manual/_w4d7822.jpg
kimi raikonnen and heiki kovaleinen

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/sutton/2008/d08mon1224.jpg jean todt and michelle yeoh

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/sutton/2008/d08mon1227.jpg the crazy ass bitch Naomi :-)

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/sutton/2008/d08mon1222a.jpg Liz Hurley and Arun Nayar
http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/sutton/2008/d08mon1254.jpg the winner deservedly Lewis Hamilton

No comments: