Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cars

I like cars but not as much as most guys would. My friends attach perfomance, features to these cars. I look at cars as humane to some point. I associate my memories with these cars. Yes am that bad with memories. To remember a distant memory i would find out what car we had at home and then the memories would come flowing in but specifically involving that car. From 1988 till now. lets see how we started it off.



kia ceres (1990-1996)
this baby used to deliver paint across the country and also ferry me to and fro school in its later years. Later broke down and was sold off as scrap.
Hyundai Excel (1993-1997)
i remember coming from school and passing by the office and seeing a sparkling new car with seats covered in polythene and i was like wow. Entered my dads office and asked him whose it was and he didnt even reply. thats how unserious my dad took me.i wasnt worthy of a reply at that time. The car followed me home and later found out it was my moms. Endless shopping trips were made in this car. Hitting nakasero market and my mom going off into the market while i stayed behind inside the car listening to radio(o yes..fm radio had jus started and i wasnt goin to waste time listening to my mom blaabbing about vegetables and food) go Radio Sanyu!
Toyota Exiv (1997-2001)
My mom eventually got tired of her nice small car and my dad had to get this one. it was at this time i was joining secondary school so the car memories became a bit distant and only footsubishi memories were the norm now.

korando jeep(1992-2000)
damn now this is a car that had nearly all my memories, the thrills especially.this was my dads weekend car. he initially bought this jeep to showcase to the national army

Hyundai Excel (1988-1992)
hehe this ka small thing. my earliest memory involving this car is my dad's secretary running to me at school telling me my cousin Aga had an accident. We rushed to Nsambya hospital and Aga wasnt that badly off.he burst a lip and cut his tongue and had to be stitched. He apparently hit an anthill while driving to his dads farm. My dad had lent the car to him. It came bac and was refurbished and then handed to the company workers since no one wanted it at home.. hehe.. i was also taken in this car to Mulago the day i fell from the "Ceiling".. I stepped on a softboard and thus made my way through. The driver backthen my dads employee is now a famous MP.hehe


nissan pa10 (1990-1994)
o yes sweet memories. this car was bought my dads company and handed over to Uncle Sam Ssali. A move of sponsorship which led to four national rally championships. It was second hand but boy could it move! Nissan Cedric (1988-now)

nissan patrol (1992-1999)

Nissan Patrol(1988-1992)

Nissan Laurel(1987-1993)
This here was my dads main ride. bought after i was born i guess. not that many memories of it.only me coming back from kps lunchtime hitting the office and if i saw it packed infront of the office i knew some nice treats were coming my way before i was sent home.
nissan pa10
















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: